When will firmwares be available in stable version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 09:54:48 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:28:21
Model: Archer MR600   RE365  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220818 Rel.55981n_Beta / 1.1.0 Build 20210529 Rel. 62540

Hello,

I just wonder why nothing is progressing regarding my TP-Link Hardware ?

Indeed, I currently have no other choice than to use beta firmware to be able to take advantage of the few features offered by my TP-Link equipments : 

• RE365 : Forced to use beta firmware provided in May 2021 (found by searching the forum) to get Onemesh functionality to work. Last stable firmware is from 2020...
  • MR600 (v1) : Latest stable firmware is from June 2021 and does not even include features present in 2020 beta firmwares such as 4G band selection. Anyway, after scouring the forum again, I found a beta firmware from August 2022 also integrating a fix for Onemesh. While testing this firmware, I wanted to see if a VPN client had been integrated following multiple user requests (4G router without a VPN client is a nonsense). Well, it turns out not ! Still no VPN client in sight while integration seems very simple.

The fact of always having to look for beta firmwares which only integrate few evolutions and are never made available in stable makes me wonder about the interest of keeping my TP-Link equipments ? What about ordinary users who find themselves with partially functional hardware out of the box and who do not know that a firmware update would increase its possibilities tenfold?

I would like to be reassured about the future of my TP-Link equipment even if it seems that I unfortunately made a bad bet when I have chosen this brand.

Thanks for reading me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:When will firmwares be available in stable version?
2022-10-19 03:59:15 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:28:00

@Salvialf 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Regarding the MR600 V1 firmware, I guess you found it here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/579834

As you can see, we are testing that firmware now, and If everything goes well as expected, it is very likely this new firmware will be published as an official firmware later.

So please let us know if the existing functions of that firmware are working fine including the OneMesh you mentioned.

In addition, regarding the VPN Client feature, it is a new feature and still under evaluation, other new model or versions of our LTE Gateway products don't have it either, that is why it is still not available on the new firmware, your understanding would be highly appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 1