mDNS repeater across VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 19:39:23

@Fae, on 02/17/2022 you mentioned TP-Link was actively working to implement mDNS repeater across VLANs which was expected to be available mid-2022.

is there any further update on this?

Options
5 Reply
Re:mDNS repeater across VLANs
2022-10-16 09:08:10

@DannyZ 

The new software controller 5.6.3 already supports mDNS repeater as well as stateful ACLs for full segmented VLAN support:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/omada-software-controller/

Though it's not yet available on all platforms and it still needs a gateway firmware upgrade to be released "soon".

Options
2022-10-17 06:05:32

Dear @DannyZ,

The Omada Controller 5.6 will been released in succession this month, which has added mDNS repeater support. But it still requires to upgrade the router firmware to the adapted firmware. Sorry that I haven't been informed of the date for the router firmware release yet, will actively update this post once new firmware is available for Omada router, welcome to subscribe!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-11-11 05:03:33
After updating the firmwares, the router no longer issues IP addresses properly. Very few are issued within the correct DHCP range and many are listed as being on the incorrect vlan all together. The issue began after enabling the mDNS service but was not resolved by disabling the service. Reboots have not helped either. Is there a way to roll back the firmware or manually install a previous version through the hardware controller? Or is there another solution I am not thinking about? Currently the entire network of 70 devices is down.
Options
2022-11-13 20:18:33

@Fae @jzakarias 

any help you can offer would be appreciated. My whole network has been down since updating the router and controller firmwares. 

The problem appears to be that either the router or controller is not properly assigning IP addresses. Static IPs setup in the controller are not being honored and the DHCP is issuing IPs within range of one vlan to clients in another vlan. 

Options
2022-12-23 17:46:17

Hi @Fae! What is the latest update on hardware update to get it working with mDNS repeater? COntroller has it, but Gateways don't support it. I have the latest ER8411 and it feels like a downgrade. This issue has been going on for years now...

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 741

Replies: 5

Related Articles