Archer C6 router adding devices to blocked list due to DoS attacks from mobile devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 router adding devices to blocked list due to DoS attacks from mobile devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 18:55:25
Tags: #firewall
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I read this thread: topic/247578

However, this is not the solution I am looking for. I am more concerned with setting exceptions.

Security > Access control > White list. Adding a computer here does not prevent it from being added to the DoS policy block.

Is this router not able to define exceptions for DoS policy? Can I somewhere check what traffic is generating the problematic station to determine the pockets level?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 router adding devices to blocked list due to DoS attacks from mobile devices
2022-10-19 20:04:03

I found this: community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/78404

Support:

Thanks for your feedback.

I am very sorry for misunderstanding you that
our DOS protection function is preventing the local device in LAN to attack the device in internet.
when enable DOS protection function,and set the ICMP(UDP,TCP) FLOOD Packets Threshold,
if the packets sent from the LAN device exceed the threshold,the LAN device will be added into the block.
This is design idea of our DOS protection function,it is not a bug.

If you need this function,here is an advice that set the threshold for a higher value.
because our C7 is a NAT device,it is not necessary to enable DOS protection function for security.

LOL? Sorry, my English is quite poor and I don't think I understood it correctly. DoS in TP-Link is not to protect the Internet from me? Or so? :-D 

I bought a device with some security feature. And this feature not protects me but protects others from me? Seriously? :-D

Options
Re:Archer C6 router adding devices to blocked list due to DoS attacks from mobile devices
2022-10-20 08:22:14

@WebGreg 

As stated by Kevin, DoS Protection is designed to protect your network security, you can check the link here.

The whitelist may not help with the data level, it just determines whether to allow or deny a device to connect to the network.

If DoS Protection is too sensitive for the network, my suggestion would be to turn it off.smiley

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-10-20 13:32:06 - last edited 2022-10-20 13:33:25

@WebGreg 

Here's the official TP-Link document explaining the DoS protection feature. At the end of the article there's a paragraph (in red text) which explains how to deal with this kind of issue (your case).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 3

Tags

firewall
Related Articles