Port Forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-20 07:54:32
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

My Public IP starts with 73.xx

Using port tester website and it said all of these port forwarded ports ( 25555, 27015, 8666, 8767, 16261, 2302 ) were closed.

Firewall is off on pc. I use Comcast. Tried using Dynamic DNS (dont really know how it works) and that didn't work either. I am not an expert so I really have no clue what the issue could be.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding not working
2022-10-20 13:25:08 - last edited 2022-10-20 13:55:23

@Tot1212 

The reason that a particular port is reported closed, means either the port is not opened in router's port-forwarding menu or there is no active service on that port on the device that this port is forwarded to.

The easiest way to test what is the reason, is to configure a DMZ to the IP address of the device, which service needs to be accessed from Internet.

If the device is accessible then the ports needed are not opened. If the device is not accessible, there could be no active service configured on that device.

Or the reason could be that your Archer C6 WAN IP address is different (it's a private IP address) than your public IP address starting with 73.x:

In such case you probably have another device (an ISP modem/ router) before your Archer C6.

A possible solution in this case, is to configure the ISP modem/router in bridge mode allowing you to avoid the double NAT and receive your public IP address on the Archer C6 WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 1

Related Articles