Can´t connect wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-20 15:30:32
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I connected the router to all the cabels, I went online to configure the router. I changed the SSID name and password and enabled to synchronize 2,4GHz and 5GHz. However couldn´t connect to internet. Then I called my internet provider O2 and chatted and they advised the router must be modified to the internet provider. So I changed connection type from Dynamic IP to PPPoE type. Entered username and password of hte provider but it didnt help either.

Could you please help me?

I have pictures of the router, how it is connected to the cabels and also what it says on TP Link configuration. Do you want that I send it?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Can´t connect wifi router
2022-10-20 21:30:45

@Silvie 

Hi,

Are you configuring the router via the admin webpage?

If yes, then click on the pictogram with the label "Advanced" and then select "Network" from the menu on the left and then click on "Status".

What is the status shown for the "Internet"? (like "Connected" or "Connecting" or "Disconnected" or whatever)

Options
2022-10-21 08:31:23

@woozle 

The status is "Disconnected". Please, see few photos below and attached.

Does it mean the problem is on the internet provider side - no internet goes into the Rooter?

File:
IMG_5990.JPEGDownload
Options
2022-10-21 18:18:27

@Silvie 

Hi,

Is this a brand new O2 broadband Internet connection you are trying to set up for the first time or is this an existing Internet connection that has worked fine previously, before you've got the Archer C80?

Options
2022-10-21 18:25:05

@woozle 

Hi,

its brand new. Its a new building, with newly installed fiber cabels.

Options
2022-10-22 14:33:57 - last edited 2022-10-22 14:35:00

@Silvie 

Ok. This makes it rather difficult to sort out the problem.

Have you got some sort of documentation from O2 that details the setup process for the broadband connection they have sold to you? Like a welcome letter or whatever?

What about the "box" where the other end of the cable going to the C80's blue "WAN" port connects to? Does it have some LEDs that indicate its operating status? What's the make and model number of that "box"?

Apart from that, if you have a Windows computer with Ethernet port, then you could double-check that your broadband connection is actually working.

To do that connect the Ethernet cable coming from the O2's "box" directly to the Ethernet port of the computer and then setup a "Dial-up" PPPoE connection in Windows and see if it will connect or not.

Options
2022-10-22 18:23:03

@woozle 

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I managed to contact someone else from O2 and they told me that the configuration was not complete. That O2 technical support gave me only half of the data to be filled in.

And now it works. I´m very happy.

Thank you anyway for your assistance and effort to help me.

All the best

Silvie

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 6

Related Articles