ArcherC80 Wifi will not allow to rejoin the Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-22 07:25:23 - last edited 2022-10-22 11:07:58
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.30 Build 220624 Rel.50807n(4555)

Hello,

The problem started when I activated both the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz Wifi Network on the router at the same time. It appears in two main cases:

1. When I put my Win10 laptop at sleep for some minutes then when I open my laptop again  my laptop shows that cannot join that Wifi Network ..even if I restarted the laptop it cannot reconnect to Wifi... Only solution--> if I reboot the router.

2, My IOS mobile phone,  If I get out of Wifi range for some time when I get back in the Wifi range the mobile phone cannot reconnect to Wifi ..only solution if  I restart the router.

Im attached to 5Ghz Wifi Network with these devices, but I cannot join to 2Ghz Wifi either when this is happening..my Archer is connected via PPPoE to a Huawei opticall bridge. 

This seems to be a pretty big bug on Wifi 802.11 protocol layer, it happens on daily basis and I updated already the firmware some time ago.

Please help

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re: ArcherC80 Wifi will not allow to rejoin the Network
2022-10-22 14:40:34

@ccadar 

Hi,

Is this with "Smart Connect" enabled or disabled?

Are you using different Network Names (SSID) for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz or identical names?

Options
2022-10-22 14:59:10 - last edited 2022-10-23 13:50:12

@woozle 

- smart connect is disabled. I use an outdoor camera to connect to its 2Ghz Wifi Network 

- they have different SSID names.

I used to have the same laptop connected to a tplink ax1800 router but there everythng works just fine..

Options
2022-10-23 14:18:21 - last edited 2022-10-23 14:19:45

@ccadar 

Given that TP-Link has probably sold thousands (if not already tens of thousands) of Archer C80 worldwide and your particullar problem is not a hot topic in this forum, we should assume that this is not a general problem of this router model.

When this problem happens can you test if the Windows laptop is still able to access the Internet when connected via Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports of the C80?

Furthermore, if you don't mind the effort of configuring the C80 again you could try if a Factory Defaults Restore might make any difference. 

If you do, then don't make too many settings changes at once. Maybe just configure the PPPoE connection and wireless 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and then check if the problem persists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 3

Related Articles