Deco Port Forwarding does not work when my machine goes into sleep mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 19:04:51 - last edited 2022-10-27 16:27:02
Tags: #Port Forwarding #sleep mode
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20220419 Rel. 42689

Hi,

I get the internet from my Vodafone router. If my computer(WIN 10) is connected to the Vodafone router, I can wake up the computer using TeamViewer.

However, if I connect the DECO X60 to the Vodafone router and my PC is connected to the DECO, I can wake up the machine for about half a minute after falling asleep, and then it stops responding.

In the Vodafone router, Port Forwarding is set to DECO. Address Reservation and Port Forwarding are set in DECO. My suspicion is that DECO does not send a signal to an offline machine for some reason. It is possible?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco Port Forwarding does not work when my machine goes into sleep mode-Solution
2022-10-27 09:10:17 - last edited 2022-10-27 16:27:02

@YLAWY 

Hi, it seems to me that you want to wake up the computer over the Internet. If yes, Deco does not support wake-up over the internet and the support explained Deco does not support ARP binding.  You could set Deco to access point though so you don't need to worry about the port forwarding and ARP Bing:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Port Forwarding does not work when my machine goes into sleep mode-Solution
2022-10-27 09:10:17 - last edited 2022-10-27 16:27:02

@YLAWY 

Hi, it seems to me that you want to wake up the computer over the Internet. If yes, Deco does not support wake-up over the internet and the support explained Deco does not support ARP binding.  You could set Deco to access point though so you don't need to worry about the port forwarding and ARP Bing:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco Port Forwarding does not work when my machine goes into sleep mode
2022-10-27 16:26:43

@Heidi_Alp It works with this solution! Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 2

Tags

Port Forwarding
sleep mode
Related Articles