Connect travel router to Wifi with username and password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-27 13:42:24
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I might be missing something obvious but I have been trying to connect my travel router in hotspot mode to the office wifi which includes a username and a password. The router finds the Wifi but the wizzard does not give me the opportunity to add the username, just the password. Any idea how to proceed here?

Appreciate your help!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Connect travel router to Wifi with username and password
2022-10-27 17:58:19

@btravis182 

Hi,

If you are required to enter username and password, then your company is likely using WPA(2)-Enterprise.

Does the menu where you setup the network bridging on the WR902AC allow the selection of WPA(2)-Enterprise or just WPA(2)-PSK?

Options
2022-11-16 11:29:03

@woozle Thanks for the answer! 

So I just checked and here is the pages I have when I try to set it up

First I pick Dynamic IP

Second, I pick the PSK one.

Third I enter my username in SSID and the password into Password. 

and it does not work :) Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
2022-11-16 20:18:51

@btravis182 

Hi,

The SSID is the name of the network, which the administrator chose when he setup the network. This is not a place to enter a username.

Were the username and password specifically given to you for use with that hidden network (the one with the empty SSID and MAC 78:45:58:21:06:60) or are these credentials meant to be used for the network "Boutique"?

In case it's the latter, than the password for the hidden network is probably different. If the hidden network does indeed use WPA2-PSK security, then there should only be a password, but no username.

Have you tested if you can successfully connect to the hidden network using another device? (note that Windows 10 displays hidden networks at the very bottom of the list of available networks)

Options
2022-11-16 21:08:21

@woozle Thanks again for taking time to answer. So, with my laptop, I can connect to the boutique network (with my username and password) and ultimately I would want my router to connect to that. If I connect to the one with SSID Boutique, where do I input the username? 

Options
2022-11-16 21:52:47

@btravis182 

If the TL-WR902AC doesn't support to be connected to WPA-Enterprise networks, then there is no way to connect it to the SSID "Boutique".

What are the choices of the drop-down menu "Key Type"? (third screenshot in your earlier post)

None, WEP or WPA(2)-PSK won't work.

Options
2022-11-17 09:29:26

@woozle Here are the options:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1285

Replies: 6

Related Articles