XE75 frequently loses internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-27 17:20:06
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220804 Rel. 4443

I recently upgraded from m9+ to XE75.  I'm finding that the XE75 frequently loses internet connection across most devices.  Rebooting the router sometimes helps, but not always.  Both the main and the Guest network lose connectivity and I never had this problem w/ the M9+.  The connection is lost on some, but not all wireless devices.  Hardwired devices do not seem to have a problem.  It is most notible on my phone, Pixel 7  XL running stock android, but does happen on other devices as well.

I'm have 3 nodes and they are in the same place as the m9+ were, so I don't think it's a placement issue.  Rebooting router sometimes works, oftentimes I just need to wait anywhere from 15 minutes - a few hours for service to come back.  It's quite disruptive.  Any ideas on what I can try to get a stable connection?

Options
8 Reply
Re:XE75 frequently loses internet connection
2022-10-27 18:50:48

@BarfEater 

I am also having issues but on 2.4ghz band. 

Check to see what band is the issue. 

Or is it on both bands no internet connection?

Options
2022-10-27 19:03:22

@Mutch I'll try.  On the main connection I have both on.  On my _Guest connection I only have the 2.4ghz on.  At first I thought it was a Pixel7 / Andrioid 13 issue, and people suspected it was the 5ghz band causing issues.  But I'm having problems on a host of devices (laptop, IoT plugs, etc.) so I don't think it's an Android problem.

Options
2022-10-27 19:21:24

@BarfEater 

I find mine having issues on  lot devices. 

Connects and then disconnects. 

I have tried and posted a couple of days ago also hoping to find a solution. 

Options
2022-10-27 19:23:24

@Mutch I'm tried what was posted here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/243050

But no luck :(  

Maybe you'll fair better?

Options
2022-10-31 18:53:11

Tried turning off beam and quick roaming, but devices are still dropping. Feels like some kind of channel collision or something because starting and stoppign the network a few times seems to work, but it's inconsistent and quite annoying, especially when working from home.

Are there any kinds of logs or error files that I can generate to help pinpoint the issue?

Options
2022-10-31 19:20:51

@BarfEater I've had this about 3 times now since buying and installing.  Today is the latest and weirdest.  I use the GUEST for all my IOT devices only.  THe REgular network did not have any issues but over half my IOTs were offline periodically today.  A device would become online, then shortly later go back offline.  I could monitor the count change in the DECO app.  I just restarted the MAIN hub (I have the three-pack) that connects to my front-end wired FW/Router.  We shall see how many come back online now

Options
2022-10-31 19:24:53

@Poclovis thanks!  I do notice it happens more often during peak usage.  Typically when 1 TV is streaming, a few kids are using their devices, I'm on my work machine sitting in a meeting, and tinkering on my phone.  

I don't think it's a raw bandwidth issue.  I have a true 1gig fiber connection.  And it happned this AM when I was by myself and only on a work meeting.  it also NEVER happens on hardwired connections.  Only on wireless connections.

Hopefully there are enough clues here for a TP-Link person to come along and pick it up...

Options
2022-11-01 12:10:23

I wonder if I have too many pucks?  I'm running a 3-unit system and I have a 3000sq ft, 2 story home.  I have one unit on the 1st floor at the back of the house where my fiber comes in.  One on the 1st floor at the front of the house.  The third is on the 2nd floor roughly between the two downstairs nodes.  Not drawn to any kind of scale, the layout looks like this on the first floor:

the distance between Main and 2nd node is ~40 feet

On the second floor:

So that 3rd node is roughly 1/2 between the Main and 2nd node, just up on the 2nd floor.  

Knowing very little-to-nothing about how wifi works, I'm guessing I've got some kind of channel crowding going on.  Is there a way to check?  Would removing that 3rd node be a good test?  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 8