RE200 powers off after few seconds (faulty firmware update)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-29 01:40:50
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

hello,

while doing a manual update for my extender ( just out of warranty) over wifi (big mistake on my part) it powered off....

now when i plug it in it starts to power up then only the power LED stays green for a few seconds then power off, tried the reset button without any result...

any way to recover from this catastrophe?

NB.

I have some experience with flashing IoT devices via serial connection and after researching i found an after market firmware site detailing the serial flash process for their firmware and the pinout for the RE200... in desperation i opened the device and soldered the connectors but i got no where as the device wont stay on for more than a couple of seconds

is there a similar recover process with the official firmware? ar is the device trashed?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200 powers off after few seconds (faulty firmware update)
2022-11-02 01:57:29 - last edited 2022-11-02 02:05:59

@egydude

I think you might try your luck in the OpenWrt forum, otherwise you may need get a new extender..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 1

Related Articles