Powerline and Generator

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline and Generator

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline and Generator
Powerline and Generator
2022-11-01 13:02:00

Hi, I have a 20 year old WesternDigital powerline adapter that has been working perfectly fine. Recently my backup generator broke and I replaced it with a new one. Now when I run the house on the generator the powerline adapter no longer works. This did not happen with the old generator. The new generator is an inverter style and is supposed to provide cleaner electricity than the old one, with THD < 3%.

I am wondering whether I can replace the WD one with a TP-Link adapter and not have this problem.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline and Generator
2022-11-04 09:20:30

@WolfgangR 

Hi, the generator is supposed to provide cleaner electricity than the old one and I guess it also filters EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) or RFI (Radio Frequency Interference), used by powerline adapters, quite like a surge protector. Since they are all based Home AV/AV2, I think TP-link would not work either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 214

Replies: 1

Related Articles