Alleged Powerline speed does not reach my PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-01 16:24:16
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello dear community and TP users,

I've stumbled upon this community bc I don't know how to help myself, nor have I found someone with a similar problem.

Now I hope to find some help here! =)

Here's my problem:

I mainly use my internet connection for streaming, gaming, or downloading said games. Obviously you want fast download speeds and a stable connection for that.

My router is plugged in the wall in my living room and it's connected to the first powerline adapter via a Cat 7 ethernet cable. (Ofc I'd wish to just connect my PC to my router but it's located in my office which in my case is a separate room one story above the flat.) So the second adapter is plugged in the wall in the office extended by a second ethernet cable to my PC. (Both are the same model.)

My internet provider, in my case Vodafone in Germany, provides me with a 1.000 Mbit/s connection which most of the time also reaches our router.

The house we live in is rather old also making the wiring pretty old - I know that and I can live with that.

I know this means the powerline can't carry the full connection, yet when i check my routers web page it tells me the download speed the powerline allegedly carries.

This speed varies from 350 Mbit/s to 500 Mbit/s (allegedly) which would be more than enough to statisfy me.

(This is what it looks like in the fritz.box web interface.)

Now to the part that bugs me and the problem I can't find.

When I now go on and download games or start a speedtest my download never reaches speds above 20 Mbit/s.

Second screenshot is taken from the Steam Client. Even though I've tried every possible setting in there I never reach a download above 10 Mbit/s even.

Please ask if you need any more information and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Marc

Options
1 Reply
Re:Alleged Powerline speed does not reach my PC
2022-11-04 09:36:56

@macreese 

Hi, Normally you are supposed to get 120-160m/s out of 398m/s powerline rate, or at least 100m/s I think.

Did you use TP-Link powerline utility and check where there is any discrepancy in the powerline rate?

And you could also try to enable Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2027/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 180

Replies: 1