Qos not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Qos not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Qos not working
Qos not working
2022-11-02 18:41:56
Model: TL-WR820N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 200731 Rel.42132n(4555)

Parental and QOS are not working properly, i have WAN with 300mbps and i configure the TL-WR820N to have dynamic IP and limit a QOS of 20mbps but still getting max 300mbps from it, it should limit it too. I have NEWIFI D2 that have the same features and it works like a charm, i hope you can fix it. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Qos not working
2022-11-02 19:12:57

@curu_chan,

I believe that the QoS settings is not the equivalent of a rate-limiting or speed-limiting feature. The Qos Speed that is set is supposed to be the total bandwidth available to your network from your ISP, not necessarily a custom lowered speed. Our FAQs state that inputting a speed that is too high or too low can severely impact the experience of QoS. QoS is more about providing part of the bandwidth to assigned priority devices so that there is less latency and more stability.

Options
Re:Qos not working
2022-11-03 12:32:13

@Riley_S it might, but it does not detect any device connected in wireless interface, i have connected atleast 6 of them thru wireless interface none of them showing on the list on the QOS menu tab on web interface GUI i am pretty sure atleast 1 should show up so i can select which is which is getting the priority

Riley_S wrote

@curu_chan,

I believe that the QoS settings is not the equivalent of a rate-limiting or speed-limiting feature. The Qos Speed that is set is supposed to be the total bandwidth available to your network from your ISP, not necessarily a custom lowered speed. Our FAQs state that inputting a speed that is too high or too low can severely impact the experience of QoS. QoS is more about providing part of the bandwidth to assigned priority devices so that there is less latency and more stability.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 2

Related Articles