Mixed Deco Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mixed Deco Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mixed Deco Network
Mixed Deco Network
2022-11-07 20:59:48
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi

I have a mixed Deco mesh network comprising off:-

1 x x90 (main deco)

2 x M9 Plus

4 x M5

5 out of the 6 M9/M5s are now hardwired in.

I want to expand the system but dont know whether to replace some of the M9/M5s with further X90s (expensive and seemingly very low in stock) or will x60s be almost as good?  Or is there a better option i haven't thought of?

I get speeds of c700 mb off the main deco and anywhere between 150 - 400mb off the other hardwired decos going down to 20 - 40mb off the wifi only deco.  I still have parts of the house with bad signal as have lots of very thick walls.

Is it worth spending the extra money on extra x90s for the tri band or not?  Interested in peoples views.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mixed Deco Network
2022-11-07 21:12:23

@JERMLB 

Just my personal two cents on this one, but honestly Tri-band is NOT a big selling point for most people.  

Keep in mind that this will only work if the device connected to the x90 also supports the same 3x3 at 160mhz, which is very very rare!   From experience, unless you specifically buy a 3x3 card or purchase a really top spec laptop this isnt going to be the case, the only time ive ever seen a card to support the full speed was when I specifically bought one for that purpose, the average iPhone and laptop will likely never have this capacity.

The Deco x60 is likely to be the fastest that most hardware will ever connect (Phones, tablets etc), it should be more than sufficient for a few years. 

Likely WiFi7 would be pushed out before we see the full capacity of a x90 in a phone or laptop.

Options