Smart Connect Guest Network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-08 03:40:25 - last edited 2022-12-02 06:28:22
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.30 Build 220624 Rel.50807n(5553)

Hi

I see the feature called "Smart Connect" on the wireless page,  but I don't see this as an option when I enable "guest network".

How do I get this feature for it?

Also if I do enable this option how does devices that only support 2.4GHz work (like doorbell cameras and wifi cameras). Will they always stay on 2.4Ghz or will the router try to move them to the 5Ghz causing issues

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Connect Guest Network?
2022-12-02 06:31:35

@chobo2 

Smart Connect is only available and take effect on the main network.

If a device only supports the 2.4G network, the router won't suggest it to roam to the 5G. More importantly, whether or not to roam to the other network is decided by the client device itself, but not by the router.

Options
2022-12-02 17:13:06

@Kevin_Z 

Does any TP link router support smart connect on the guest network. Was there a reason why this is not supported on guest network?

Options
2022-12-08 06:09:05

@chobo2 

Sorry, there is currently no router supports smart connect in the Guest Network.

As you can see, the Guest Network can be configured with a different SSID from the main router, and it is separated from the main network. Smart Connect cannot distribute client devices to a guest network when they are connected to the main.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 3

Related Articles