Upload and Down speeds shown on the admin screen are confusing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-08 08:03:32 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:16:17
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

On my Archer MR200 Wireless 4G router the admin screen shows the units "Upload speed" and "Down speed" in Bytes/S.

When testing the internet speed using Ookla in a browser the speed is shown in Mbps.

When I look on my admin screen it is reporting an upload speed of 570Bytes/S and a down speed of 912Bytes/S.

If you convert 570Bytes/S you get 0.0057 Mbps

If you convert 912Bytes/S you get 0.00912 Mbps

When I check my network speed with Ookla it shows Upload 3.14 Mbps and Download 28.85

What gives?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Upload and Down speeds shown on the admin screen are confusing-Solution
2022-11-09 01:20:08 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:16:17

@perkjellqvist 

Sorry, I might not be very clear, the figures on the tp-link admin screen are not the absolute maximum achievable, it is the real traffic speed at that moment, for example, if all your clients have no any traffic at that moment, the figures will be very small, while if your client devices have high traffic operation such as downloading large files etc., it will be higher as well.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Upload and Down speeds shown on the admin screen are confusing
2022-11-08 08:18:10

@perkjellqvist 

Hi,

The speed displayed on the web interface is real time speed instead of the total speed that you could reach.

The real time speed depends on the traffic of the router and client devices, if there are high traffic operation, it will be higher as well.

Options
2022-11-08 12:14:02

@Sunshine 

Thanks for your reply.

So if I understand correctly you are saying that the figures on the tp-link admin screen are the absolute maximum achievable?

Even then why are they so much lower than what speedtest in my browser shows.

tp-link admin says absolute max achievable Upload speed is 570Bytes/S = 0.0057 Mbps

my browser shows the actual real time upload speed to be 3.14 Mbps (much faster than max achievable 0.0057 Mbps)

What am I missing here?

Options
Re:Upload and Down speeds shown on the admin screen are confusing-Solution
2022-11-09 01:20:08 - last edited 2022-11-15 08:16:17

@perkjellqvist 

Sorry, I might not be very clear, the figures on the tp-link admin screen are not the absolute maximum achievable, it is the real traffic speed at that moment, for example, if all your clients have no any traffic at that moment, the figures will be very small, while if your client devices have high traffic operation such as downloading large files etc., it will be higher as well.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-11-09 07:10:15

@Sunshine 

Many thanks. Now I understand.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 4