TL-MR100 beta firmware drops IPv6 address after 25-30 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-08 09:54:04
Tags: #IPv6
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.0.9.1

Hi,

Based on the following thread, I'm using the mentioned beta firmware in order to access the network using IPv6 addresses.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/520274
Every time I reboot the router, I get IPv6 addresses for all connected devices, however, after about 25 minutes, all devices lose their address (just the IPv6), making it unable to make any request to the desired server. IPv4 works fine after that period.

On the advanced status tab, the "Internet" section and the "LAN" section shows only an empty field instead of the IPv6 address. After rebooting the router, the addresses appear again.
I'm using two devices and they produce the same issue almost at the same time.
Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Could this be an issue with the settings, or could this be more ISP related issue? According to the ISP, everything is correct.
Thank you all for your help in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR100 beta firmware drops IPv6 address after 25-30 minutes
2022-11-09 01:13:42

@tmihaly92 

Hi, do you have any other different 4G devices for comparison? or even smartphones? 

If so, please insert the same SIM card into another device, then check if the IPv6 has the same behavior or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Tags

IPv6
Related Articles