Added single M5 to S4 system, WiFi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 13:54:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.28

I have been using a 3-pavk Deco S4 system for a couple of years very effectively. We've moved and the I need to add another unit – I couldn't easily get a single S4 (only and E4 that doesn't have gigabit ports) so bought an M5 as they are supposed to work together. I currently use and S4 as the main deco then the other 2 as satellites (using Ethernet backhaul).

I added the M5 easily and the app asked me to make it the main deco which I did – it worked until it asked me for a firmware update. Then I noticed on the network map the S4 that isn't on Ethernet backhaul was connecting to a much further away S4 and not the M5 (which is the closest). I then noticed the M5 was not transmitting a WiFi signal (despite still supply data to the other two S4s via Ethernet backhaul). I switched the other S4s off to make sure I was right and there is no WiFi signal from the M5 (light still green though). So I decided to go back to the old set-up and remove the M5 but in the app 'Set as main deco' was no longer an option so I had to reset all the decos and recreate the network from scratch. Once I got that up and running I then readded the M5 as a satellite but despite picking up a signal when right next to the main deco when moved to 3 metres away it will no longer connect. 

Any advice appreciated?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Added single M5 to S4 system, WiFi not working
2022-11-09 16:40:36 - last edited 2022-11-09 16:40:51

@Piers 

As an owner of multiple Deco M5s I can tell you that you have defective unit. Return it to seller. Buy M5 from different seller, if you can get working unit you won't be disappointed.

Next time you need to change Main Deco in your Deco mesh, there is an easier process: Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 1