TL SG108 Speed Dropping from 1GBPS to 100MBPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 23:36:36
Model: TL-SG108  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I've been having 2 issues with my switch TL-SG108.

My own computer is connected to this switch via a Cat 6 cable, providing 1000Mbps stable. However, for some reason that I cannot understand, almost every day, the switch will drop the speed to 100Mbps (Green light to yellow light).

The current fix is to simply unplug the internet cable and to replug it, not even needing to wait any amount of time.

The second issue is similar, however it's for a router on another room.

The router is connected to the same switch on a different port, and the port itself stops transmitting data to this router. The light simply turn off. The fix is the same: unplug and replug the cable, without any time needed to wait.

Is there a reason the switch does this? Is there any way to stop this from happening? It's becoming quite inconvenient. Some times it happens every day, sometimes it happens every 2 or three days, and sometimes it takes a week. But it ALWAYS ends up happening.

I've searched the internet around, and the only thing I believe can be related to this is the idle power down feature. However, I'd expect the ports to switch back to full power when they get active again.

Hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL SG108 Speed Dropping from 1GBPS to 100MBPS
2022-11-19 16:39:44

@Ragneir Same here. Usually, I log on to the switch, disable the port then re-enable it. Incredibly disappointing. Would love to do that in a script, but couldn't find an API documentation for the switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 482

Replies: 1