ax6000 reports 'invalid password' to all wireless clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 11:06:36 - last edited 2023-01-28 06:44:28
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211118 rel.71177(5553)

Router was working well for months until a week ago.

All wireless devices, on 2.4 and 5 mhz networks display 'invalid password' and cannot connect even though nothing changed and password is correct.

Wired clients work well.

Rebooting the router resolves the issue for a short while, and then it persists.

I have tired resetting router to factory settings, flashing the latest software version, resetting all the clients, forgetting and signing into the network on multiple phones. Nothing helps for more than 10 minutes.

Can you help?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ax6000 reports 'invalid password' to all wireless clients-Solution
2023-01-27 12:38:12 - last edited 2023-01-28 06:44:28

@wertzy well. One LAN cable was faulty and caused the problem.  the cable was fixed and everything went back to normal. Very strange this link between faulty LAN cable and error report on wifi...

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ax6000 reports 'invalid password' to all wireless clients
2022-11-19 12:24:42

@wertzy 

Hi,

If you have factory-reset the router, then connected your wireless devices and they disconnect within 10 minutes, then it seems there is a technical issue with your particular AX6000 unit.

If you still have warranty left, then you should probably contact the place from where you purchased the router and ask for a repair or replacement.

Options
2022-11-19 15:35:36

@woozle 

Thanks for the response woozle!

I continued playing with it...

once the LAN cables were removed, things went back to normal... does this even make sense??? is there a link between a potentially faulty LAN cable and wifi password??

Options
2022-11-20 02:16:50

@wertzy 

I don't see any obvious link between the LAN ports and the problems you have.

Does the AX6000's Wi-Fi only work if no LAN cables are plugged in at all or is it only one particular cable that causes the Wi-Fi password problem?

If you can trace it down to one particular cable, then test if swapping out that cable makes any difference.

While you are at it, can you also check if your LAN cables might be routed very close to (i.e. touching) something that generates strong electromagnetic fields, like a large power supply / transformer or power cable of an appliance that draws big amounts of power? (i.e. >1000 Watts or so)

In case there is, then try to achieve a few centimeters (couple of inches) of physical separation between those and the LAN cables.

Options
2022-11-20 06:00:54

@woozle 

Again- thanks for the response.

I will check and report back.  It is very strange...

I hooked some of the cables back, and everything was fine and stable... will hook all of them and see what happens.

There are no large power consumers near the router... just some external hard drives

Thanks again for the help!

Options
Re:ax6000 reports 'invalid password' to all wireless clients-Solution
2023-01-27 12:38:12 - last edited 2023-01-28 06:44:28

@wertzy well. One LAN cable was faulty and caused the problem.  the cable was fixed and everything went back to normal. Very strange this link between faulty LAN cable and error report on wifi...

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 9

Related Articles