1000Mbps/Full Duplex on AC1900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 02:21:06
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 220924 Rel.63783n(5553)

I have a 300mbps modem and I connected the Archer C80 via LAN. I noticed that when I change the "Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting" of the Archer C80 into a different duplex here's what shows up on my modem's Ethernet status.

Archer C80                             My Modem

Auto Negotiation             =       100Mbps/Full Duplex

10Mbps/Full Duplex        =       10Mbps/Half Duplex

10Mbps/Half Duplex       =       10Mbps/Half Duplex

100Mbps/Full Duplex      =       100Mbps/Half Duplex

100Mbps/Half Duplex     =       100Mbps/Half Duplex

1000Mbps/Full Duplex    =       10Mbps/Half Duplex

I don't know what going on. Someone help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:1000Mbps/Full Duplex on AC1900
2022-11-27 13:43:14

@Jibril 

Hi,

I think this requires some troubleshooting, before anyone can make a conclusion.

First thing would be to replace the Ethernet cable with another known good one.

After a cable problem has been ruled out you would need another device that has an Ethernet port to rule out either the modem or the C80.

If you have a computer with Ethernet port, then connect it to the modem via Ethernet cable and check the behavior like you did before. (i.e. manually set different speed/duplex modes on the computer and check the result on the modem's status page)

After you've determined everything works as it should, then connect the computer via cable to the WAN port of the C80 and repeat the same procedure.

In this case you will have to check the actual link speed and duplex mode on the computer. In Windows this is a bit tricky, but the following command should work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It needs to be executed in a "PowerShell" window (not the regular cmd prompt). 

Get-NetAdapter | Select-Object -Property Name, InterfaceDescription, MacAddress, FullDuplex, LinkSpeed

Options