Powerline Extender Upright

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 11:13:53
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.20-00_422015_200108_901

Hi,

The tips in the Windows version of tpPLC suggests that the powerline extender should be plugged-in in the upright position. My direct wall plugs require that the extender is plugged-in on it's side. Is this an issue? 

One other question. I have 5 TL-WPA4220 powerline extenders in my house (see below). Four of them are hardware V5.0 and one is hardware V4.0. Could this cause any issues?

Thanks in advance.

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Extender Upright
2023-02-24 22:37:53

@bellojt 

I can only comment on your first issue of positioning.  There can only be two things that might require the device to be positioned upright.  The first is heat dissipation.  If your device is not overly warm in the position that you require, then that should not be an issue for you to worry about.  The second is the orientation of the device's built-in wifi antennas.  Again, if you have no wifi problems, then everything should be OK.

Options
Re:Powerline Extender Upright
2023-02-25 04:36:15

@jra11500 Thanks, appreciate your response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 2