Win10 laptop looses internet connection after connecting to RE315 Mesh extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 15:55:52
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.Build 220531

Hi,

I have a OneMesh network with an Archer A8 router and 2x RE315 Range Extenders.

Whenever my Win10 laptop connects to the WiFi via one of the RE's it looses connection to the Internet while it stays attached to the WiFi network. If I force the laptop to connect to the router directly (e.g. unplugging the RE) it works perfectly. If I reset my network adapter on the laptop sometimes it connects, but after short time it looses the connection to the external network again. From the WiFi signal levels it seems that whenever the RE is used as access point the internet is lost. Same behavior with both RE's.

Smart Connect has been disabled. Firmwares are on the latest version.

I do not experience the same with my Samsung S21, that works perfectly.

I do not have any issues on other Mesh WiFi networks with my laptop, only at home.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Win10 laptop looses internet connection after connecting to RE315 Mesh extender
2022-12-07 09:45:15

@boszme 

Have you checked the IP settings on the laptop when it is connected to RE315? If there is no internet, normally the IP address might be the problem.

You could check whether its IP is assigned by Archer A8, or maybe try to reserve an IP address on A8 for the PC. And also try to ping the LAN IP of A8 and google DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to check the communication.

The last piece of advice would be to check whether there is a new wireless driver for the laptop in case it is the problem.

Options