Votes

Deco app device icons too few compared to Tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-06 04:28:33 - last edited 2022-12-07 02:29:01
Tags: #add more device type icons
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

As a user of both the Tether app and the Deco app, as well as the owner of many categories of devices (IoT) included, I find it disappointing that the Deco app has so much less variety for its device icons. Screenshot 1 is from the Deco app while screenshot 2 is from the Tether app.

If only TP-Link put in some efforts for its users who have spend so much on its products ... I'm very disappointed at the lack of respect for its loyal users and those who invested in the brand ecosystem. Please improve, or many of us will be forced to move brand loyalty elsewhere.

Options
8 Reply
RE:Deco app device icons too few compared to Tether app
2022-12-08 05:29:29
New and a lot of icons would be great!
Options
2022-12-18 11:08:28
this needs to be updated for all deco's the X50 is in the same situation, where most devices are now listed as other for the icons, as none of them are suitable for the equipment used. Have a look at the tether app to compare, also third party mesh systems where they have a better selection of icons for devices
Options
2022-12-18 12:20:25

@mirdragon sadly TP-Link engineers are sleeping instead of using and testing their very own products. Clueless in terms of UX and UI.

Options
2023-01-10 07:59:57
I used to use an Orbi system. The App and Icon options were far greater and gave far better options to categorise devices. Deco is greta and works better in my house, the App just needs to catch up with some of the competition.
Options
2023-01-22 08:09:07
Please, just add more icons as provided on the Tether app
Options
2023-06-29 21:37:43
I concur with the other comments. Ability to extend device type categorisation as suggested. With smart tvs, speakers, plugs, lights, pods, alexia’s, … it would be great to be able to label them correctly.
Options
2023-09-22 18:54:46
I've used about 10 different device apps and many of them not only give a broad selection of IoT related icons, but many now allow you to upload images. I notice that online reviews are mentioning this limitation.
Options
Re:Deco app device icons too few compared to Tether app
2023-09-22 19:16:41

Quite a few of the posts for this feature have been locked. The popularity is higher than indicated.

This feature is important for smart home management. Tp link isn't keeping up ...

The Asus app let's us upload images or photos for the device in addition to providing a large range of icons to choose from.

Google Home and Amazon Alexa automatically display a relevant icon.

Most the device manufacturer apps let me choose from a large range of icons.

Some like grid connect also let me upload an image similar to how Asus does.

when I first used the TP-Link app and saw the choice of 8 icons, I was pretty disappointed, especially as it is such a simple feature to implement.

I have 80 devices, and only about 10 of them have a suitable icon. Most are smart home type devices, washing machines, TVs, lights, plugs, wall sockets, cameras, kettles, fridges, security. 

Please replace the entertainment and IoT icons with a broader range please, or better, let me upload.an image.

​​ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 919

Replies: 8

Voters 9

+ 5 Voters

Tags

add more device type icons