5Ghz not working in C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5Ghz not working in C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5Ghz not working in C80
5Ghz not working in C80
2022-12-15 21:10:20 - last edited 2022-12-15 21:39:04
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0

I bought a new C80 to use with my existing network at home. 2.4Ghz band is working fine but 5Ghz band does not show up on devices at first. But If change the mode to wireless access point instead of router mode and turn on the smart connect only then I'm able to get connected at 5Ghz. Both my following devices support 5Ghz.

1- MacBook Pro M1 2020

2- OnePlus 8

Even after changing to wireless AP mode and turning on smart connect I'm able to connect with Macbook. I can't get a 5Ghz connection with OnePlus8. I'm in no way able to see a separate AP for 5Ghz if I turn of the smart connect. I only get a 5 Ghz connection if I have enabled smart connect and wireless AP mode instead of router mode.

Is my router faulty or am I missing something.

Update: Smart connect has no effect it only works if the SSID for 2.4 and 5Ghz are the same which is case in smart connect. Even if I turn off the smart connect but keep the SSIDs same it keeps working but on only one device. If change the SSID it stops working. When the main 5Ghz AP stops working given the SSID does not match with 2.4Ghz, then even if have some guest 5 GHz AP running those also vanish. So all in all if the SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz is not same then C80 stops all 5 GHz SSIDs.

Options
3 Reply
Re:5Ghz not working in C80
2022-12-15 22:31:17 - last edited 2022-12-15 22:31:58

@HamxaJutt 

Hi,

Log into the C80's admin GUI (or use the Tether app) and in the 5 GHz section of the "Wireless" menu change the setting for "Channel" from "Auto" to "36" and save it. Then check again whether the 5 GHz Wi-Fi shows up on the OnePlus 8 or not.

Options
2022-12-18 15:56:47

@woozle Tried changing the channels from 36 to 48. Also changed transmission power, Channel width and mode as well. But nothing works.

Options
2022-12-18 19:48:38

@HamxaJutt 

Hi,

As a last resort, you could perform a "Factory Restore" on your Archer C80. (either via the admin GUI from the menu "Advanced" -> "System" -> "Backup & Restore" -> section "Factory Defaults Restore" or by pressing and holding the physical reset button for > 5 seconds)

The C80 will restart automatically following the Factory Restore. After it has booted up do not change any settings on it yet.

Instead check on your MacBook Pro and OnePlus 8 if they are able to see two wireless networks named in the pattern "TP-Link_XXXX" and "TP-Link_XXXX_5G". The exact default names and the default Wi-Fi password are printed on the label that is fixed to the underside of the Archer C80.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 3

Related Articles