Set up easymesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set up easymesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Set up easymesh
Set up easymesh
2022-12-22 12:39:20 - last edited 2022-12-23 02:45:38
Model: Archer C80   RE700X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How do you setup easymesh? I am planning to buy these routers + wifi extender. There will be one main router, a extender connected by ethernet and the other router upstairs connected by LAN -> WAN. How would I actually setup these routers? I can't find a easymesh guide anywhere.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Set up easymesh-Solution
2022-12-22 18:01:46 - last edited 2023-01-10 12:27:35

@Amogh_R 

Read through this thread - it includes a video guide for setting up and the device list that currently supports EasyMesh.

However, keep in mind that EasyMesh supports ethernet backhaul (ethernet cables between devices) on a few models through a beta FW so far.

You may consider a Deco system for this purpose as well - it's the only home grade mesh that supports ethernet backhaul so far.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Set up easymesh-Solution
2022-12-22 18:01:46 - last edited 2023-01-10 12:27:35

@Amogh_R 

Read through this thread - it includes a video guide for setting up and the device list that currently supports EasyMesh.

However, keep in mind that EasyMesh supports ethernet backhaul (ethernet cables between devices) on a few models through a beta FW so far.

You may consider a Deco system for this purpose as well - it's the only home grade mesh that supports ethernet backhaul so far.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Set up easymesh
2022-12-22 21:05:42

terziyski wrote

@Amogh_R 

Although, keep in mind that Easy Mesh doesn't support ethernet backhaul (ethernet cables between devices) yet.

Thanks for the advice, I will be going with deco.

Options
2022-12-22 21:14:09
Just another point, does the deco s4 support than lan connection? I would much rather use lan over wireless. If not, can you tell me another relatively cheap model of deco that does?
Options
2022-12-22 22:29:16

@Amogh_R 

Yes, they all do - that's their ethernet port could be used for.

See here how you can compare different Deco models.

Here's a guide on how to configure the Deco ethernet backhaul.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 4

Related Articles