Am I Supposed to have 2 WiFi networks with Deco in Access Point mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-24 00:45:07 - last edited 2022-12-24 01:40:08
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

I used Deco as Access Point with a Modem/Router combo from Spectrum - everything worked fine, and I had 1 WiFi network to choose from.  Now, Spectrum replaced the combo unit with a separate modem and router.  I reconnected the Deco to the new router.  Everything seems to work, but I now have 2 WiFi networks on all my devices:  the Deco  WiFi and the new router's WiFi.  Is this right?  Can you offer some config tips?  I tried rebooting the Deco, but it failed saying that it couldn't find the Deco.  Strange, because other devices say they're connected to Deco WiFi.  Thank you.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Am I Supposed to have 2 WiFi networks with Deco in Access Point mode?
2022-12-24 01:34:11 - last edited 2022-12-24 01:40:08

@rob5 

It is recommended to turn off router WiFi network, leaving just Deco to provide WiFi coverage.

Options
Re:Am I Supposed to have 2 WiFi networks with Deco in Access Point mode?
2022-12-24 02:19:56

@rob5 

Thanks - now I have to figure out how to do that!  I tried 192.168.1.1, which is the stated address for the router, but got just a Spectrum webpage direecting me their app.  No further help there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 2

Related Articles