Cannot use Windows Remote Login

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-24 19:07:13 - last edited 2022-12-24 19:45:42
Tags: #Port Forwarding #Windows Remote Login
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: I have no idea where to look

Firmware updated minutes ago.

Remote login works from behind the router 

Remote login does not work from the internet

I have port forwarding set.  There's a little switch and it is a turquoise / bluish color (which I guess means on).   

Windows Remote login works fine with my old router.

Is there anything else I need to do to make Windows Remote Login work?     

Are there any SIMPLE (that I will understand), step-by-step documentations to get Windows Remote Login to work?    

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot use Windows Remote Login
2022-12-25 01:55:52 - last edited 2022-12-25 02:01:54

@Zeddle 

Default port for Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) is TCP 3389, i.e external port 3389, internal 3389, protocol TCP.

The port-forwarding rule that you've set should do the job - just make sure you're using the correct external and internal port number - no need from DMZ.

The other thing that you should check is if the router Internet IP address is the same that you're using to connect from the internet and it's your public IP address:

Here's an additional troubleshooting guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 1

Tags

Port Forwarding
Windows Remote Login
Related Articles