Wireless Network Security = Weak

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-26 22:50:14 - last edited 2022-12-26 23:18:25

When I scan my home network I get a message about the TPLink Deco m4 mesh access points having WEP enabled (the settings in Deco app says it isn't activated but there is no way to eliminate it completely or confirm its not active other than it's saying its off while network scanners say its on.... Although there are new families of products coming out I bought these new at Home Depot recently. I confirmed the latest firmware is running. What am I doing or not doing correctly since I don't see how to make these as secure as they should and need to be. Is it true there is no support for WPA3 or any in the future for this product's firmware? Otherwise I find these deficient mostly due to the firware and app if this is how they are sold and wish I could get my money back!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Network Security = Weak
2022-12-27 06:21:01

@UrCrush 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the hardware as well as the firmware version of your Deco M4?

Could you please also share with me some pictures that the network scanner said the network was on WEP security type?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 1

Related Articles