Votes

Is it possible to adjust transmit power for X60? If it is, is there a way to automate it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Is it possible to adjust transmit power for X60? If it is, is there a way to automate it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-28 12:43:58 - last edited 2022-12-29 06:55:01

Hi everyone!

On other devices, I could adjust the transmit (TX) power for the WiFi hardware.

This would be relevant for power saving. I have 3 Decos, currently I am profiling their power consumption. I use a switch-based ethernet backhauled topology, so I expect that the root Deco will be the one consuming the most power. I would be interested in lowering the TX power for certain units during certain periods of time.

I know for a fact that during night hours, 2 units are not really needed, as most of my IoT devices are centered around one, so it would make sense to lower the TX power of these, as they are not in use.

So, is it actually possible to change the transmit power manually? Does Deco provide any interface to automate this in some way? If it is not possible to do so manually or in an automated way, does the Deco actually optimize this itself?

Thank you for your answer!

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 349

Replies: 0

Voters 3