Client Mode Setup - Where to enter SSID & Password from Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-29 03:28:18 - last edited 2022-12-29 03:29:53
Model: TL-WA901N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Attempting to set up access point in CLIENT MODE

Step 3 says to enter the SSID & Password from the label on the bottom of the device

However it doesn't say WHERE to enter them

Sept 4 says to open a browser ...  so I assume that Step 3 is not referring to entry in a browser & anyway I've tried it with no success

So, I don't know where I'm supposed to enter these details and can't get anywhere

My aim is to use the WA901N with an Ethernet cable to a Sound System so that I can stream my online music from my computer.  The sound system supposedly has Apple Play and has an Ethernet port but connecting with cable directly from computer to sound system or just using wireless from computer doesn't work.  My assumption is thus that i need the access point to provide the connection to the Wireless Network.

However, I am not technically minded and most of this stuff leaves me cold.  I have read and re-read the Quick Install instructions and also viewed the online support video but neither of them says where to enter the info in Step 3.

Can anyone assist me, please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Client Mode Setup - Where to enter SSID & Password from Device
2022-12-31 16:50:05

@nonsibicunctis 

Hey

OK so the first thing you need to do is get access to the AP from your web browser.  To do this you need a laptop or desktop that can connect to the AP wirelessly.

On the Laptop connect to the TP Link SSID of the device using the details on the bottom of the AP.   It will be something like   TPLINK1234   Password1234 

Once connected to the device open firefox or chome and go to   tplinkap.net    this should take you to the APs login page, use the details on the bottom again (likely admin admin)

After logging into the AP, use the wizard to setup the AP as a Client for your WiFi.. it will ask you there for your existing wireless details.

Options
2023-04-03 07:10:22
Thank you for attempting to help. Unfortunately your answer only told me what I already knew. I have since discovered where to put the information to which I referred, however despite following all instructions, the access point still doesn't work. I can only assume that it is faulty. Thanks again. I do appreciate that you tried to assist me. The delay in my response is because I became so despondent that I simply gave up.
Options
2023-04-03 18:36:40

@nonsibicunctis 

No worries

If you plug it into a switch or router, can you see the AP pulling a dhcp address?   If so you may be able to get into it via that using the cable / switch and change the SSID/Password.

Just thinking out loud  :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 3