Archer MR600 shows offline in Tether app after restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-06 05:03:52
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

1. Router went offline

2. Powered OFF and ON to restart it

3. Router is now online, internet is working

4. But the Tether app still shows it offline.

AND there is no way in the app to retry connecting to the router.

ALSO tried closing and reopening the Tether app in hope that it will try to reconnect with the router, but no success.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 shows offline in Tether app after restart
2023-01-12 06:52:19

@AvW 

Hi, please help to confirm the following details:

1. The issue happens for remote management only, or also happens when you are connected to the MR600 Wi-Fi(make sure mobile data and VPN are turned off in case it is actually using mobile data or VPN)?

2. When it shows offline on the Tether App, it is recognized as a local device or cloud device? The internet is still working on the router at that moment, right?

3. Does it only happen after restarting? And how does it recover usually?

4. Please let me know the hardware and firmware version of your MR600, and also send me a private message to provide the MAC address of your MR600, thanks!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-01-12 10:30:02

@Sunshine 

1. Issue only on Tether app remotely through internet.

2. It is always shown as Cloud Device in the app, internet was working at that moment, please see point 3 below.

3. Actually, internet was not working for some reason at home. I was outside. I logged into Tether app to see if I can restart it from there. At this time it was shown as offline, so can't do anything to that router. So I asked someone at home to power it OFF and ON. After that, router started working, internet was also working. But Tether app was showing it offline. I waited for some time to see if Tether app shows it online, but it didn't. I logged out and in to the app multiple times, hoping that it will try to connect to the router, but it didn't. Now (after 3-4 days after that), I checked and it is showing online, don't know when it came online. I am hoping it should show online in the app as soon as it connects to the internet or after few seconds of delay.

Model: 4G+ Cat6 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210208 Rel.61056n

Hardware Version: Archer MR600 v2 00000001

Options
2023-01-13 02:06:41

@AvW 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed information.

It seems that your MR600 V2 firmware is not the latest one, please download the latest firmware on the following website and update it manually via web interface:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/#Firmware

After that, please check if the problem still exists, if so, please send me a private message to provide MAC address of your MR600, thanks!

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-05 17:40:44

@AvW Hello, same problem here, how did you solve? Please help

Options