Problem to connect a website Bose Soundtouch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 16:50:32
Model: Archer C90  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi!

Could somebody help me with a website that wont open the page, i am trying to open to have firmware on my device : Bose Soundtouch Speaker. I cant have the updates that i

need to function to listen to music. Maybe is the rooter, but i dont know. Thanks for advice.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem to connect a website Bose Soundtouch
2023-01-18 19:56:54

@Chouval 

Hi,

How exactly are you trying to open that webpage?

Anyway, according to the user manuals that can be downloaded from the Bose website there should be two ways to update the speaker's firmware.

- Use the so-called "SoundTouch®-App".

or

- Switch the speaker off and then simultanously press and hold down the buttons "4" and "decrease volume" for five seconds.

Options
2023-01-19 13:27:52

Hi!

I do know i have to switch the 4 bottom and the lower volume to settle the Bose sound touch 20, but the problem is the light on the screen is flashing white back and forth. 

The speaker need updates,yes, i did all the things. unblogue and blogue the electric cord, and touching the bottoms. Nothing works, What i mean, i need to plug the speaker

and go to the Bose soundtouch site to get the firmware. Another problem, the web page wont open, i don't know if it is the rooter or windows. I wonder what i should do in

the web page of my rooter inside the advance section DNS what numbers or letters, to fix this situation. Thanks for info.

Options
2023-01-19 22:31:53

@Chouval 

Hi,

Normally it is not necessary to set the DNS manually. This setting is mainly for users that intentionally do not want to use the DNS server of their Internet provider.

Are you able open other websites just fine? Is it just the Bose website?

Can you go to this website using your Windows computer?

If yes, then I recommend you download the SoundTouch app for Windows and install it on your computer.
Alternatively you could also get the SoundTouch app for iPhone or Android on their respective app stores.

Then run the SoundTouch app and go through the setup process to connect the speaker properly to your wireless network. Once the speaker is properly connected the SoundTouch app should notify you about any available firmware updates for your speaker and install them if you wish.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 3

Related Articles