X20 change channel 2.4ghz for wifi connect JURA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 15:02:14
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, perhaps you could help. I have a JURA wifi connect adapter, which apparently cannot connect to channel 12 and higher on 2.4ghz. As you all know, DECO X20 does not have a functionality to change the channel manually. Using WIFI optimization does not push the DECO to change channels, as their is no interference detected. Is there a way to force the DECO to change to another channel lower than 12. Many thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:X20 change channel 2.4ghz for wifi connect JURA
2023-01-19 17:30:50

@Handpol 

By default the Deco uses channels 1-11 as 12 and 13 are not supported in all countries.  Its likely your deco is on channels 1-11

You could install WiFi Analyser for Android and this will tell you what channel the deco is broadcasting on.

If its not connecting, this may actually be the encryption type.   WiFi6 devices like the Deco x20 use WPA3 SAE, this is not always compatible with older devices, try changing the encryption to WPA2 AES and see if that fixes your issue

Options
2023-01-20 15:50:09 - last edited 2023-01-20 15:51:01

@Philbert 

Thanks for the reply, I had already used wifi analyzer and de 2.4ghz band is allocated to channel 12. My JURA adapter is only accepting a range until 11, like many adapters. Unfortunately I know it is not possible to change channels manually and can only hope that the current channel will become busy, in order that the network analyzer changes it automatically. Not a big change, as I have a detached house. Changing encryption does also not help btw. 

If anybody knows a work around to push/force the DECO to another channel, I appreciate a reply.

Until then, reasonably happy with the stability of the DECO's, but not able to change channels sucks, like many times pointed out in this forum.

Options
2023-01-20 20:44:27

@Handpol 

The workaround is to find (borrow) WiFi router that allows channel change. Configure it to broadcast on channel 12. Place it near the Main Deco. Run Network Optimization on Main Deco - that should force Main Deco move to a different channel.

Options
2023-01-22 11:24:30

@Alexandre. 

You may find that an Android phone would also do this, some have hot spots that are configurable for different channels

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 4