Votes

Integrate M3W with Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 17:56:55
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have a 3 node M9 setup and a single M3W. While you can link the M3W up and it show as connected and healthy, there has always been a persistent bug where you don't see any clients connected to it via the app UI.  Been like this for more than a couple years now and had an email into support back then about it. 

I recently plugged the M3W (1.0.7) back in to solve a weak spot in my coverage, and the issue still hasn't been resolved. Solid lights, connection and status. But no way to verify if clients connect to it or not.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Integrate M3W with Deco M9
2023-01-22 01:45:02

I can't confirm it, but perhaps whilst connected to the mesh network, it's not actually working?

While the status shows good and healthy for the M3W, there are no connected clients in the app UI. This was the bug that was around a few years ago with this config. Circa 09/2020

That and an occasional not connected artifact in the app.  if you refreshed the view or went back a step and back in it would show healthy. This I was told was normal at the time.

in the past, if you went into your connected client properties, and clicked through different clients, you would see clients connected to the M3W.  I don't see any a couple days later with lots of roaming devices in my home, even a webcam a foot away.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 202

Replies: 1

Voters 1