Archer MR600 with a BT SIM card and Ring Cameras not compatible, What am I doing wrong?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 with a BT SIM card and Ring Cameras not compatible, What am I doing wrong?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 21:41:49
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I have the Archer 600 with a BT sim installed into it. The MR600 is updated to the newest firmware,,, that's what it tells me in the settings......

I have a Ring cameras connecting to the Archer MR600 router... 

I have 4G internet connection for me to view YouTube, browse the internet etc. This is with and without my data turned off on my phone

the issue is that I can not view live footage from the cameras.

so, I put my friends 3/Three network SIM card in the Archer MR600 and you can watch live footage of the cameras as you would expect with or with out the data turned on from my phone.

no setting have been changed, the only difference is the SIM cards. I phoned BT to see if they needed to 'turn on' a setting from there end. The reply from BT was no, you can watch YouTube, Google etc so the BT sim is live and working.

I have spent 4 hours today trying to get it to work,,,,, but no luck .

To me, it seems as though the cameras are linked to the ArcherMR600, my phone is linked to the Archer MR600 but there is a missing link between them.

yes I have considered just getting a different SIM card, but BT sell there 4G routers and their SIM cards in the BT shop.....................

please please please, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? 

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 with a BT SIM card and Ring Cameras not compatible, What am I doing wrong?
2023-02-02 11:18:42

@Liteuser 

Hi, when using BT SIM card on your MR600, please go to Advanced->Network->Internet page, click Create profile manually and set PDP Type as IPv4 only, the other parameters can be the same as the default profile settings, then please check if it solves the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1