Deco s4 help - wifi connectivity.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 09:31:47

Hi 

I have 6 pods in my house (it's quite wide but not massively wide). It's an upside down house so the bedrooms are downstairs and living area upstairs.  

2 bedrooms at one side of the house just aren't connecting to wifi (on our iPhones) even though one of those bedrooms has a pod in it and the other one has a pod in the room above it. Both pods have strong signals according to the app. Every other area in the house is fine, including the 3rd bedroom downstairs. There is a slight issue with one of the rooms upstairs but it does sometimes connect there whereas it just won't at all in the 2 bedrooms mentioned. 

I've tried everything I can think of. I've swapped pods around in case they were faulty, they're not. I've moved pods into different rooms nearby but that hasn't worked. We previously had sky broadband and those rooms were fine so it's not a location issue as far as I'm aware. 

We even connected one of the pods directly to an Xbox in one of those bedrooms via an Ethernet cable but the Xbox was buffering more than ever. It seemed to make it worse. Can someone please help, the app says the signals are strong pretty much everywhere including those bedrooms but it's just disconnecting to wifi on our phones every time we walk in those rooms. There are no electrical items in the way. Thanks.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco s4 help - wifi connectivity.
2023-01-26 10:49:46

@Charlotte10 

Hey

This honestly could be a number of things, but the best place to start is if you could post a picture of your Nodes via the App.  It will look something like below.

This gives us an idea of what way the nodes are connecting and how the traffic is flowing. 

Options
2023-01-28 15:22:38

@Philbert 

Hi thanks. It's pretty much exactly the same as your screenshot. One second it might be 0 or 1 kbbs on both download and upload and the next second it'll be 45 or 200. It's just so random and that applies to every pod, not just the one in the problem rooms. 

I just tried putting the pod in the hallway that leads to that room instead of actually in the room. Again, nothing, despite being told on the app that the signal is 3 bars and strong. It just disconnects as soon as you walk into those 2 bedrooms. 

Options
2023-01-29 17:05:04

@Charlotte10 

Hey

Sorry the slow reply, busy weekend!

If you could post a screenshot of your setup that would greatly help, just to see how the nodes are connecting.    Im guessing you are using the newer version of the app?  (v3)

By the sound of it you may be running the older app, check for an update via AppStore or Playstore, whatever is appropiate.

Reason I ask this is the performance halfs each time the signal bounces from a node, my concern would be if you have 6 nodes that the one in the problem area is perhaps 4th or 5th down the chain, therefore its bouncing 3 perhaps 4 times resulting in vertually no performance.  Hope that makes sense? 

Ideally, if you have 6 nodes the "chains" should only be 3 nodes long at maximum, when you start to get 4 or 5 its problematic.

Also the number beside each, dont worry about that its just how much traffic is going through at that exact moment.. this will vary massively and really isnt important.

Options
2023-01-30 21:43:56

@Philbert 

thanks again for the reply. Don't worry about how long it takes :) 

Screenshot attached. I don't know why but today the wifi in general is even worse and cutting out in a few places. Must be the fibre broadband playing up. 

I think your explanation is saying too many cooks spoil the broth type thing right? Or maybe I have the pods in the wrong places. Let me know what you think. Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 4