Router as extender or how to extend WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 04:33:46

Hi, please give me a tip how to extend WiFi network that is open , but when you connect to open WiFi ,it requires sing in . I tried to use Tplink Ac750 as extender option, I setup it but when I connect to the router wife  with my phone I can't reach this sing in page to connect to internet. It only chow me that router is connected to WiFi network an no internet message. Can you give me a tips is it possible to extend network like this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router as extender or how to extend WiFi
2023-02-16 09:53:11

@NBachvarov 

Hi, 

That really depends on those WiFi networks I believe. This travel router should be designed to work with different captive portal networks, when connecting it to that network and you can see the portal authentication, that means you made it. However, I saw some posts mentioning the portal popup just doesn't show up when connecting to the travel router, you check it here.

faded_memories shared a solution here, maybe you can give it a try.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Router as extender or how to extend WiFi
2023-02-17 02:06:22

@NBachvarov 

I've set several TP-Link routers up to act like an extender\Access Point,  all I did really was (and its relatively easy)

Logged into the Admin page.

Give the router a new LAN IP (so my main router is 192.168 5.1 as an example, I made sure the IP address on the router is 192.168.1.50).

Set the wireless networks up with different Network SSID and passwords.

Disabled DCHP.

Rebooted.

I've used power lines, so I'm not trailing cables all over the house, and from the power lines Ethernet port, plugged it into LAN Port 1

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 2

Related Articles