Red exclamation mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Red exclamation mark

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Red exclamation mark
Red exclamation mark
2023-02-17 13:15:24
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57450(4555)

Hi all

I have had this red exclamation mark on my router (set as access point) for about a week now. The light that indicates a good WAN connection is also orange.

Everything seems to be working fine though, the only thing i notice is that some sites don't load, others load perfectly fine. My network speed is the same. I've tried resetting my router, restarting my modem and tried to find a solution using glasswire. I was wondering if any of of you have an idea what the problem might be. I thought maybe a bad client or some sort of malware?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Red exclamation mark
2023-02-17 17:37:00

@SnipeViper 

Make sure that you're using AX1500's WAN port to connect to your main router.

A similar issue has been observed when you use a LAN port instead of WAN port to connect AX1500 to your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-02-17 19:43:18

@terziyski 

The WAN port is connected to my modem.

Options
2023-02-17 20:48:00 - last edited 2023-02-20 12:40:14

@SnipeViper 

OK then, try setting public DNSs on your modem's DHCP server like 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4. and check if that makes any difference.

Sometimes DNS can cause this behavior since TP-Link FW is using certain websites (domains) to check if it's online or not.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options