Not connecting to 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not connecting to 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Not connecting to 5GHz
Not connecting to 5GHz
2023-02-17 19:05:13 - last edited 2023-02-17 19:08:11
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Support,

I bought the Archer T3U AC1300 specifically for 5 GHz connectivity. I intend to use my phones 5G hotspot for this purpose, however the adapter only connects to 2.4GHz on my mobiles wi-fi. 

I am currenty using Three mobiles 5G network. Phone POCO F3. 

Can you please tell me how I can connect to the 5GHz network setting? I was hoping this would be a straight forward plug and play device. I can connect to my other 5G phone easy enough on the 5GHz setting.  However, this adapter does not find the 5GHz network, which I find really odd as its designed and advertised for this purpose? 

Any help much apreciated, 

Kelvin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not connecting to 5GHz
2023-02-18 18:19:47

@Kelv 

Hi,

Chinese phones are notorious for using channels 149 to 165 to broadcast their Wi-Fi hotspot, even though these channels are not being used for Wi-Fi throughout Europe and some other countries that follow European regulations.

In the past I've had success by using the following trick, which you could try if you want.

Assuming your operating system is Windows, open the Settings and look for a Languages & Region menu. Once there change the region to a country where channels 149-165 are commonly being used, like North American countries or China, for example.

Then open the Windows Device Manager, highlight the entry that represents your Network adapter (could be either something like "TP-Link T3U" or "Realtek RTL8812BU") and  "uninstall" it. (don't activate the checkbox "Delete the driver software ..." in case there is one)

Afterwards pull the Archer T3U out of the USB port and then re-insert it.

Now check if the SSID of the 5 GHz network is shown or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 1

Related Articles