Why isn't JIO sim connecting?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 10:18:48

I am experiencing a strange issue where my JIO sim was able to connect to the internet using my MR600 router until early December 2022, but now it is not able to connect despite showing that everything is connected. However, when I use the same SIM in my mobile phone, it works perfectly fine. I am wondering if the reason for this issue could be due to the recent 5G services that were enabled on this 4G sim. Additionally, I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why isn't JIO sim connecting?
2023-02-28 11:57:01

@Grehnan 

Hi, I didn't see any screenshots actually, please share with me screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system logs on the MR600.

Besides, if you insert the same Jio SIM into your phone, is it working on 5G or still on 4G? If it works on 5G, please change it to 4G only or 4G preferred on your phone to see if your phone will still connect to 4G or not at the same location. If it works, please also test the phone hotspot to see if it still allows for internet sharing.

If it works fine on 4G on your phone but still not working on the MR600, please check which 4G band the phone is using:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3488/

By the way, what is the hardware and firmware version of your MR600?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1