New AX20 set in bridge mode and not passing everything over to Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 13:08:53 - last edited 2023-02-24 11:49:46
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello,

I've just picked up a AX20 in the hope of getting my new connection up and running with my existing setup.

Currently i have my network managed by a Ubiquity USG-Pro4

My new connection is a FTTP, with an ISP of Vodafone (UK) running on Openreach network.

My USG won't connect when using the credentials supplied by my ISP so i've got the AX20 hoping it would do it.

I've gone through the setup and the AX20 works on it's own and at pretty much full speed, but when i come to tell it to go into bridge mode it's not passing it through to my USG, instead i'm just getting a internal ip address and when checking the speeds i'm only getting 1/4 the speed

The bridge mode on my previous connection which would be FTTC worked fine. It passed everything onto my USG and it's been working fine apart from being slow.

Is the bridge mode on the AX20 not the same as what i'm thinking it should be?

If not, is there another device i should be looking at? needs to be able to handle my 1gbps connection

Options
1 Reply
Re:New AX20 set in bridge mode and not passing everything over to Router
2023-02-24 11:59:16

Hello @Springs42 

By talking about Bridge mode, do you mean Access Point mode as described in this FAQ? What if you change the AX20 to work as a Wireless Router, will the speed be better?

What is the distance between the USG and the AX20? Or in other words, how long is the cable that you connect them together? Is it possible to try a shorter cable?

What is the speed you can get when you connect a computer to the USG directly? 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 1

Related Articles