can't access anything except google sites when connected trough router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 14:55:08 - last edited 2023-02-24 11:53:13
Model: Archer C6   TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So i have a Range extender in the top floor connected to my Archer C6 downstairs, has been working fine for a few years now. All off the sudden i can no longer access anything except google, first i thought it was my computer becuase every other device seemed to work fine. I tried the basic fix of switching DNS, resetting TCP/IP etc. i even tried resetting my adapters. After everything failed I figured it had to be something with the extender. I checked and sure enough my other devices were not connected to the extender.

I tried resetting the extender but nothing changed still no connection, i reset my router, still no connection. I reset the modem, then the router, then the extender... still only google and youtube i can access. Now i changed the extender to be directly connected to my modem and all of the sudden my internet is back. What can cause this issue and how can i resolve it, the connection with the router was better and i am missing some performance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:can't access anything except google sites when connected trough router-Solution
2023-02-24 11:48:26 - last edited 2023-02-24 11:53:13

@Nouryk 

Firstly, I would suggest checking for updates for both the router and the extender. If the firmware of them are not the latest, then update the firmware and reconfigure them again.

Then, connect the Archer C6 back to the ISP modem, and configure it to see if you can get internet from the C6. Ensure the internet LED on the C6 is green, that means it connects to the internet fine. Connect a computer or phone to the C6 to test and confirm if you can open any websites including Google and YouTube. If the internet still doesn't work, go through the troubleshooting guidance to check every detail.

If the Archer C6 is back online, try to connect the WA850RE to the C6 again. You can also follow this guide to make sure every step is correct.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:can't access anything except google sites when connected trough router-Solution
2023-02-24 11:48:26 - last edited 2023-02-24 11:53:13

@Nouryk 

Firstly, I would suggest checking for updates for both the router and the extender. If the firmware of them are not the latest, then update the firmware and reconfigure them again.

Then, connect the Archer C6 back to the ISP modem, and configure it to see if you can get internet from the C6. Ensure the internet LED on the C6 is green, that means it connects to the internet fine. Connect a computer or phone to the C6 to test and confirm if you can open any websites including Google and YouTube. If the internet still doesn't work, go through the troubleshooting guidance to check every detail.

If the Archer C6 is back online, try to connect the WA850RE to the C6 again. You can also follow this guide to make sure every step is correct.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:can't access anything except google sites when connected trough router
2023-02-24 11:53:07

@Liverpool20 thanks for the reply, did exactly this and noticed the archer had switched to access point mode instead of router. Switched it back and the internet came back instantly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 996

Replies: 2

Related Articles