Looking for Band Selection option on 3G only network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 16:02:32
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.0.9.1

I used to have a MR400 v3 router with Firmware Version:1.11.0 0.9.1 and I was able to manually select bands on the 3g network.

When checking on my new MR600 v3 this option seems to only be available on 4g or 4g preferred. If it switches back to 3G I have no option to select bands so it will connect to the strongest which is usually band 20 but I want to use band 3 exclusively on 3G network. 

Will downgrading firmware give me back this option?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Looking for Band Selection option on 3G only network
2023-02-28 11:49:40

@PaudieC 

Hi,all the official firmware supports 4G band selection only, sorry for that we are unable to lock 3G band.

The previous MR400 V3 firmware with band selection is only a beta firmware, thus the web interface looks different, but it is for 4G as well.

In addition, for the current band selection feature, if you set network mode on 4G preferred, and then lock a 4G band, when there is no 4G signal on that 4G band, it could still fall back to 3G network(no locked band).

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles