TP-Link archer c80 authenticate to freeradius WPA Enterprise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-24 10:11:24
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.1 Build 221212 Rel.66258n(5553)
I use TP-Link to authenticate to the freeradius server with WPA Enterprise mode following the articles here:
https://www.tp-link.com/at/support/faq/3456/
I'm using a 4G Router MR6400 and the device can connect to a wireless network,
but the Archer C80 device, can't connect.

Please help how to configure it so Archer C80 can authenticate to freeradius like MR6400.
Thank You.

Below is a screenshot of the configuration on both devices.
MR6400 4G-Router TL-MR6400 - 4G Router

archer c80 Archer C80

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link archer c80 authenticate to freeradius WPA Enterprise
2023-03-05 22:58:25

@idnurHidayat 

Hi,

Maybe if you could provide the log output from freeradius that might give TP-Link some clues.

Anyway, I have never dealt with WPA-Enterprise previously, but today I thought I might give it a try as well on my Archer C64, which is based on the same router chip and is also at firmware version 1.12.1 Build 221212.
I followed the steps in the article you mentioned one by one, but my Windows PC was also unable to connect afterwards.
The freeradius log showed the following errors while the Windows PC was trying to establish a connection.

Options
Re:TP-Link archer c80 authenticate to freeradius WPA Enterprise
2023-03-08 23:06:39

Okay, I don't know the reason for it, but in my case the EAP configuration file of freeradius "./mods-enabled/eap" contained just some (incorrect) dummy links to the key and certificate files.

So, in addition to what is shown in Step 3 of this guide https://www.tp-link.com/at/support/faq/3456/ there were three more lines that needed to be modified to read:
---------------------------------------------
private_key_file = server.pem
certificate_file = server.pem
ca_file = ca.pem
---------------------------------------------
Afterwards my Windows PC successfully connected to my Archer C64 using WPA2-Enterprise with authentication by certificate.

Given that id-nurHidayat had WPA-Enterprise already working with another router the above couldn't have been the cause of the problem and there must be some other reason why it doesn't work with the Archer C80.

Options