Archer MR600 V1 no longer receiving 4G connection (only 3G) after new 5G mast went online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 V1 no longer receiving 4G connection (only 3G) after new 5G mast went online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-24 15:48:22
Tags: #Signal Loss
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210608

So a few days ago a new 5G mast went online after about 6 months of it just standing there offline. Was absolutely elated thinking that our 4G signal would improve drastically and we would eventually be able to upgrade to 5G. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case. As soon as the mast went online our MR600 V1 has only been able to receive a 3G connection, figured it was just a testing period for my provider and soon it would be all good, though something appears to be wrong with our router. After testing and diagnosing with my admittedly limited knowledge, I found that we could get the full 4G signal using our old router. Though ideally I'd like continue using my MR600 as the older router is a Huawei B310 with just one ethernet port.

I've contacted our provider thinking they were the culprit and after their own testing they said it was fine on their end. I also swapped the sim from the router to my phone and vice versa. The router sim in my phone acheived 5G (as I have a 5G phone) while my phone sim in the router still only managed a 3G connection (at 100% signal strength). 

I have tried all I can think of, I've rebooted and reset multiple times, changed the APN to the provider's alternative, tried to force a 4G connection by selecting 4G only (this resulted in a 'No Service' reading in the router page), I have a directional antenna so I also tried moving it in the direction of the other mast in our area and can no longer connect to that either. I updated my firmware (to 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210608) as well as checked to make sure my ISP file was up to date which it was. I am now at a loss as to what to try next. Hope that someone in this community may be able to lend a hand if they can. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 V1 no longer receiving 4G connection (only 3G) after new 5G mast went online
2023-02-28 11:28:50

@KingoftheNoobs 

Hi, please try to insert the router SIM into your phone again, then if it still works on 5G, please check if you are able to use 4G only or 4G preferred on the phone, to see if 4G still works on the 5G phone with the router SIM, if 4G still works fine, please check which 4G band the phone is using and send me the screenshot:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3488/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 1

Tags

Signal Loss
Related Articles