Deco X50-PoE not showing they are connect with cable

Deco X50-PoE not showing they are connect with cable

14 Reply
Re:Deco X50-PoE not showing they are connect with cable
2024-04-18 06:37:16 - last edited 2024-04-18 06:38:32

Hello, 

I'm in the same situation as you. 

I have 4 deco BE85 and 1 deco x-50 outdoor. I also have a switch tp-link SG1016PE. my infrastructure is as follows: 

Internet provider > BE85 > Switch SG1016PE > other BE85 + X-50 outdoor. 

All the BE85 terminals display the ethernet cable connection. However, the X-50 outdoor terminal uses wifi and not the wired connection, which I don't want. The X-50 outdoor terminal is powered in POE by the SG1016PE switch, but the data doesn't cyclup when I connect to the switch I see that the POE status is okay, but the port monitoring shows that the link is down.  The problem is not with the cable. ( I've tried several )

I enclose the following screen shots: 

• -config poe 
  • port status 
  • Deco network status

I hope your problem has been solved and if you have any ideas to solve mine?

Thanks in advance
Florian

Options
2024-08-06 16:10:10

@FMAR-CONSULTING 

same issue here. I have X50-5G connected to my modem. Than through 2 switches I have 2xX50-PoE connected with cable. Despite that I can see that both of them are using wifi. 

What I have notices is that if I turn X50-PoE's of, that disconnect and connect cabel from x50-5G to switch, reconnect cable and turn PoE's on, they will return to using cable. Tut after some time they switch back to wifi. 

Any permanent sollution here? 

Options
2024-08-18 18:21:04

I have the same issue with a Deco-5G with two bundled X50-PoE access points. All are connected to a PoE ethernet switch and the APs take their power via the ethernet cable. However as far as the data connection is concerned, one of the APs connects to the base station using ethernet and one via WiFi, and there does not seem to be any way to change this.

There is a function called Connection Preference which appears for the device which connects via WiFi, but all you can do in here is to choose which device to connect to, not what form the connection should take (ethernet or WiFi).

However for the AP which is connected via ethernet there is no function called Connection Preference - it just defaults to ethernet.

I can believe that the system is designed to default to ethernet, it just is not doing this for one of the APs and there does not seem to be any way of controlling how the AP connects to the base station.

Firmware versions:

Deco 5G base station/router: 1.1.5 Build 20240419 Rel. 73943

Both X50-PoE mesh access points: 1.2.5 Build 20231122 Rel. 58711

Options
a week ago

@devilson911 Like a lot of you, I’ve beenfacing this exact issue since 6 months, and honestly, it’s pretty frustrating that we haven’t heard anything back from TP-Link yet. I’ve spent close to $600 on these products, and I know some of you have dropped over $1000, so it’s really disappointing to feel left hanging. I did want to share something that’s worked for me though. I plugged in the cable on port 2 of my Deco X50 POE (previously it was plugged in port 1), and as funny as it may sound it actually seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully, it helps someone else here too. Let’s keep helping each other out while we wait for an official fix.

Cheers!

Satya

Options
Related Articles