Archer C80 Not giving full speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 05:10:20
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.12.1 Build 221212 Rel.65938n(4555)

Recently upgraded my internet from 100/100 to 1000/100 and was in need of a new router, found the Archer C80 advertised with Gigabit ports and capable of more than gigabit wifi.
After setting it up today the highest speed I can reach while having my cables go through the router(Fiber > Wan = Lan > PC) is:

200-250Mbps download and 90-95Mbps upload on PC via cable
16-20Mpbs download and 90-95Mbps upload on phone(Connected to routers WiFi)

While connecting a cable from Fiber outlet to my PC directly I get 700-850 download consistently(Never as low as 250 at least) and 90-95 upload. Tested both cables with Fiber outlet > PC and they get the same speeds so it's not a cable or pc port issue.

I've looked around and tested turning certain settings on and off, updated firmware, factory reset etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I kinda need this sorted otherwise I have to keep plugging in and unplugging every time I use PC vs phone to have the actual speed I pay for.

// Marcus

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C80 Not giving full speed
2023-03-03 08:39:11

@SwedeMarc 

Hi,

Be sure the QoS settings on the C80 is disabled, you can follow this guide to confirm the settings.

If that doesn't help, try factory resetting the C80 once again, please don't modify any settings on it but just configure the basic parameters to link it to the internet, then monitor if the speed you can get is normal.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer C80 Not giving full speed
2023-03-03 11:46:12
No difference in speed after factory reset again(Checked QoS before and that was already disabled) One weird thing about the speed test with the router is it starts at like 50-60Mbps speed then ramps up to 200-250 before test ends. While doing tests without the router(Just fiber outlet to PC) speed instantly starts at 700+ on tests and is fairly consistent
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 2

Related Articles