Archer A8 Unable to update firmware automatically and manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 18:58:55 - last edited 2023-03-01 09:51:39
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hello, I've been trying to update firmware of my router Archer A8 but I'm getting an error. Is there something I can do to fix this?

My router version is EU and the latest one on official site is 

Archer A8(EU) _V1_1.12.0 Build 221010

If I try to update it automatically, then I'm getting this error.

And if I try to update it manually with file downloaded from official site (Pobierz Archer A8 | TP-Link Polska), I'm getting this error.

#Edit: Factory reset also didn't help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to update firmware automatically and manually-Solution
2023-02-28 21:13:57 - last edited 2023-03-01 09:51:39

@KenshinPL

KenshinPL wrote

@terziyski 
Unfortunately it also doesn't work, I'm getting the same error. And yes, I'm using the bin file, not zip or anything else.
Also, I am an IT technician, currently studying for engineer degree so let us skip the clichés.

I didn't know that when I posted the FW file name. Actually I posted the file name because I noticed in your screenshot that you're using FW v1.11.0 file:

While this should work as expected, I can't say what could be the reason for this error message.

Usually this happens if you have used a beta FW release on your device in the past.

Your best bet is to contact your local tech support for further assitance or wait for a TP-Link admin to review your issue.

Here's an additional troubleshooting guide on that matter.

Also it's worth noting this thread and this discussion with a similar issue as yours.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to update firmware automatically and manually
2023-02-28 19:52:07 - last edited 2023-02-28 20:41:52

@KenshinPL 

Use this link and manually update with the latest FW - that's the latest version - Archer A8(EU)_V1_1.12.1 Build 221212

After unzipping this archive you have to use the file named: a8v1-up-noboot1_2022-12-12_18.52.17.bin

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-02-28 20:05:14 - last edited 2023-02-28 20:57:48

@terziyski 
Unfortunately it also doesn't work, I'm getting the same error. And yes, I'm using the bin file, not zip or anything else.
Also, I am an IT technician, currently studying for engineer degree so let us skip the clichés.

Options
Re:Unable to update firmware automatically and manually-Solution
2023-02-28 21:13:57 - last edited 2023-03-01 09:51:39

@KenshinPL

KenshinPL wrote

@terziyski 

I didn't know that when I posted the FW file name. Actually I posted the file name because I noticed in your screenshot that you're using FW v1.11.0 file:

While this should work as expected, I can't say what could be the reason for this error message.

Usually this happens if you have used a beta FW release on your device in the past.

Your best bet is to contact your local tech support for further assitance or wait for a TP-Link admin to review your issue.

Here's an additional troubleshooting guide on that matter.

Also it's worth noting this thread and this discussion with a similar issue as yours.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-02-28 21:51:30 - last edited 2023-02-28 21:57:37

Oh, that screenshot was done when I've created this topic. And I was trying to install any newer version from the official local site for this router. But I've failed with every one of them, because the files were rejected each time.

Also, I don't remember if I had installed the beta version before.

Anyway thanks for your concern.

#Edit: I'll try tomorrow the solution from that thread, thanks again.

Options
2023-03-01 09:50:52 - last edited 2023-03-01 09:58:15

@terziyski 

Quite interesting, it actually worked. I've uploaded the file through Wi-Fi with my smartphone and not through wired connection with my PC and the same file was accepted.

The thread may be closed.

Thank you for that solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 5

Related Articles