Issue with Archer C64 and Archer C6 Router's Smart Connect Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 14:43:07
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.1 Build 221212 Rel.66258n(4555)

Dear TP-Link Support,

I'm writing to report an issue with my Archer C64 router's Smart Connect feature.

Even though I have enabled the feature, my device is not automatically switching to the 5GHz band after returning near the router.

I have checked the following things to troubleshoot the issue:

• Checked the signal strength on my device and it's strong enough to connect to the 5GHz band.
  • Confirmed that the Smart Connect option is enabled and set to automatic band steering.
  • Checked that my device is compatible with the 5GHz band.
  • Turned off other wireless devices to check for interference.
  • Reset the router to its default settings and set it up again from scratch.

Unfortunately, despite all these checks, my device is still not switching to the 5GHz band automatically. I have also tried with an Archer C6 router and several client devices, including a Galaxy S21 Ultra,Galaxy Note 10 and a Xiaomi Pocco F3 and the problem persist.

Also i try with older firmware version but still same result.

Band steering works with other vendor routers and with Archer AX10, but not with the Archer C64 and C6 router.

Could you please advise me on what else I could try or provide support in resolving this issue?

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

Blagovest Karakanov

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue with Archer C64 and Archer C6 Router's Smart Connect Feature
2023-03-03 08:04:40

@Karakanov 

Hi,

I have tried to explain why this happens in another thread, please check:

No changing 2.4ghz to 5ghz

You can try to disable the Smart Connect and create different SSIDs for the 5GHz and 2.4GHz network, then check if the devices can switch the network automatically.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Issue with Archer C64 and Archer C6 Router's Smart Connect Feature
2023-03-29 08:37:14

Dear Liverpool20 ,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the solution you provided does not seem to be helpful at this time. While it's possible that future firmware updates may address this issue, I find it strange and misleading that the product is advertised as having "smart connect" and "easy mesh" without including band steering functionality.

I appreciate your assistance and hope that the product team can take this feedback into consideration for future updates.

Best regards,

Karakanov

Options